Fort Recovery 225th Commemoration
Energetic volunteers from the community are asked to help with the 2016 drama production for the 225th Commemoration of Fort Recovery. There are several roles that need filled: actors, musicians, playwriting, set-construction, make-up, clean-up, etc. Please print and complete a form and submit to the Village Hall, Fort Recovery High School, or email to Ft.Recovery225@gmail.com.
Recently the staff at FRLS held a t-shirt fundraiser for the Josie Wendel family. We are happy to let you know our school district sold 189 shirts. The total amount raised for the family was $1701. All t-shirts will be delivered Monday, May 11.
Academic Standards Review Committees
With the passage of
House Bill 487
Academic Standards Review Committees were established to provide feedback on Ohio’s New Learning Standards for the areas of English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies. Fort Recovery English teacher, Tracy Obringer serves on the English Language Arts committee. These committees will also provide feedback for assessments related to the same content areas. For more information on the committees and their work go to
Academic Standards Review
Did You Know?
Fort Recovery Middle School Principal Mr. Matt Triplett is serving on the Senate Advisory Committee on Testing. The committee is comprised of educators, parents, and lawmakers from around the state of Ohio.
Click "Read More" for more information and a link to the committee's website.
Attention AmeriGas Propane Users
Our local AmeriGas Office is pleased to offer our school the opportunity to earn up to $2000 per school year- simply by collecting AmeriGas receipts. Our school earns $.02 for every gallon shown. Both individuals and businesses can participate. Please submit propane receipt originals in an envelope labeled AmeriGas School Days to any of the school offices. Please see attached information.
Common Core and PARCC- Questions Answered
1. I’ve heard about the Common Core Standards and noticed the signs around the community. What does all this mean?
2. There have been several bills introduced to repeal the Common Core Standards. Why does Fort Recovery Local Schools support the Common Core Standards?
3. What is PARCC?
4. When will the PARCC and Ohio tests take place at Fort Recovery Local Schools?
5. How much do the new PARCC tests cost our district?
6. I’ve heard parents talk about opting their children out of PARCC tests. What does opt out mean?
7. What is safe harbor for the 2014-2015 school year?
8. How do I opt my child out of testing?
9. If I choose to opt my child out of these assessments, what will happen on test days?
10. What should I do if I want more information about the Common Core Standards or the new tests like PARCC?
Tweets about "#frindians"
Learn how One Call Now notification services can help you
High School Calendar
Middle School Calendar
2015-16 District Calendar (line)
State Report Card
2014-15 Bus Routes
(Click bus to view routes)
Fort Recovery Local Schools
400 E Butler St; PO Box 604 • Fort Recovery, OH 45846
Ph: (419) 375- 4139 • Fax: (419) 375 -1058
About Our District
© Copyright. 2015. All Rights Reserved.
CMS created by eSchoolView
Request Assistance From eSchoolView